…a sampling of Jazz news deserving of a post rather than a roll, a blogroll
- Pauline Jean teamed up with Geri Allen, Cecil Taylor and Randy Weston for a benefit concert for Cave Canem at the Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York on October 27, 2010
- Karlos Rotsen JAM SESSION will be held every Wednesday at rue Saint Denis au JOSE, Paris, France
- To mark the release of his debut album “Bon Air”, Maroon Kartet presented the Karlos Rotsen Quartet in concert, October 19, 2010 at Baiser salé
- Chuchito Valdés kicked off the “Global Piano and Literary Salon” October 21
- Mikhail Salcedo & Band commissioned La Casa de Ibiza Lounge on October 26
- Before Salcedo, on October 12, was vocalist Brenda Butler Live
- Following Salcedo were Patti Rogers and Douglas Reddon, October 15
- Satchmo’s on Ariapita Avenue in Woodbrook had Clive Zanda and his Kaiso Extempo Trio on October 15
- Ruth Osman and Chantal Esdelle charged up La Casa de Ibiza in Woodbrook, Trinidad on October 05 and the Holy Saviour Anglican Church in Curepe on Sunday, October 03 2010
- The Ventura Music Festival presented Eddie Palmieri and his Afro-Caribbean Jazz Septet at its first-ever Latin Music Festival called ’Concierto Mar y Sol’ at the Oxnard College Quad, California on Sunday, October 03, 2010
- “Eddie Palmieri, Grammy Award winning bandleader and pianist, anchored the show with the Afro-Cuban and Salsa arrangements that have made him a Latin Jazz star. The dance floor quickly filled as the sweet sound of brass answered the spicy counterpoint of Palmieri’s hot piano work.
Cuban-born trumpeter Arturo Sandoval is next up. His Latin Jazz Music Festival performance with his 18-piece orchestra will precede the 2011 Ventura Music Festival by two months. Sandoval will appear at the Ventura County Fairgrounds on February 12, 2011. The Music Festival will take place from April 28 through May 07, 2011. (Source: vcstar.com)
>>>> The young and talented Guadeloupe singer Tricia Evy has just produced her first album aptly titled “Beginning”. Recorded with her trusty trio consisting of guitarist Jean-Philippe Bordier and saxophonist Xavier Richardeau, she mixesJazz standards and Caribbean styles on the recording.
Meanwhile, on Friday, October 01, Evy presented the album at Sunset, 60 rue des Lombards 75001 Paris. On Saturday, October 01 she was at l’Ecoutille, 1997 Charles Avenue Van Wyngène Courtry 77181. And she ended the weekend run on Sunday, October 04 at Fesstival Influences Caraïbes, Trois Baudets, 64 boulevard de Clichy 75018 Paris.